Communities & Homeowners Associations
Residential Communities Interactive Map
The Residential Communities of Loudoun County Map provides the public with information about the existing and planned subdivisions of Loudoun County.
Selected Local Communities & Homeowners Associations
Some developments have a homeowners association (HOA). An HOA is an affiliation of homeowners in a development that oversees the enforcement of private covenants - deed restrictions that apply to a group of homes or lots.
In some instances, HOAs also maintain private streets and common areas, such as pools, playgrounds, landscaping, and parking lots.
Most streets in Loudoun County are maintained by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) or by the Towns if the road is located within their jurisdiction. However, if streets within a development are private, property owners within the development own the streets, usually as part of a homeowners association. HOAs usually hire a private contractor to plow and maintain the streets. When private streets need to be maintained or replaced, it is the responsibility of the homeowners or HOA to do that work. You may contact VDOT if you are not sure if a street is private or further information on streets in general is needed.
The list below is not a comprehensive list of HOAs in Loudoun County. Help us keep it up to date by emailing us when new HOA websites are established or change.
- Ashburn Farm Opens a New Window.
- Ashburn Village
- Autumn Oaks Opens a New Window.
- Beacon Hill Opens a New Window.
- Beauregard Estates Opens a New Window.
- Belmont Country Club
- Belmont Greene Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Brambleton Opens a New Window.
- Broadlands Opens a New Window.
- Broad Run Farms Civic Association
- Cabin Branch Forest
- Calvert's Glen Opens a New Window.
- Cardinal Glen
- Carisbrooke Opens a New Window.
- Cascades Opens a New Window.
- Cascades Park
- Church Mills Opens a New Window.
- Connemara Woods Opens a New Window.
- CountrySide Opens a New Window.
- Courts and Ridges of Ashburn Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- East Stratford Opens a New Window.
- Great Falls Forest
- Greenfield Crossing
- Kirkpatrick Farms
- Lansdowne on the Potomac Opens a New Window.
- Lakes at Red Rock
- Lexington 7
- Loudoun Crossing
- Loudoun Meadows Opens a New Window.
- Loudoun Valley Estates Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Potomac Crossing
- Potomac Green Opens a New Window.
- Potomac Station Opens a New Window.
- Raspberry Falls
- Richland Forest
- Rivercrest Opens a New Window.
- Seneca Chase
- Seneca Ridge Opens a New Window.
- South Riding Opens a New Window.
- Stone Ridge
- Sugarland Run
- University Center
- Westerley Opens a New Window.
More Information about HOAs
It is important to request and read the HOA covenants associated with a community. It is also important to determine whether they have been filed with land records at the Clerk of the Circuit Court. Until such filing, they cannot be enforced.
HOA Licenses and Regulation
HOAs and other similar communities, such as condo associations, are licensed and regulated by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR). The Office of the Common Interest Community Ombudsman assists HOA members in understanding rights and the processes available to them according to the laws and regulations governing common interest communities.