Board of Supervisors Chair Phyllis J. Randall
- 07-27-23: Letter from Chair Randall about Sister City/County Program (PDF)
- Read the 2023 State of the County Address (PDF)
- View the video of the 2023 State of the County Address.
- Loudoun Commission on Women and Girls
- Board of Supervisors' Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee
- Board of Supervisors' Transportation and Land Use Committee
- Dulles Area Transportation Association
- Loudoun County Affordable Dwelling Unit Advisory Board
- Loudoun County Annexation Area Development Policy Committee
- Loudoun County Community Policy and Management Team
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG) Board of Directors (COG Human Services and Public Safety Policy Committee, Regional Forward Coalition and DC Statehood Subcommittee)
- National Association of Counties (NACo) (Health and Human Resources Committee, Economic Mobility Leadership Network)
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority - Chair ( NVTA Governance and Personnel Committee - Chair)
- Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission
- Virginia Association of Counties (Health and Human Resources Subcommittee)
About Chair Randall
Phyllis J. Randall was elected Chair At-Large of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors in November 2015 and reelected in November 2019 and 2023. Her election was historic as she became the first person of color in Virginia’s history to be an elected chair of a county Board.
As Loudoun’s Chair At-Large, she represents Loudoun on various regional, state, and national bodies including, Chair of the full Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) and Chair of the NVTA Governance and Personnel Committee. She also currently serves as a member of the National Association of Counties (NACo) Health and Human Resources Committee and founding member of the (NACo) Economic Mobility Leadership Network, a member of the Virginia Association of Counties Health and Human Resources Subcommittee and a member of The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG) Board of Directors, Human Services and Public Safety Policy Committee, Regional Forward Coalition, and DC Statehood Subcommittee. She is also one of Loudoun's representatives to the Dulles Area Transportation Association and the Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission.
Chair Randall also serves on the Board of Supervisors’ Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee and the Transportation and Land Use Committee. She represents the Board of Supervisors on the county's Affordable Dwelling Unit Advisory Board, Annexation Area Development Policy Committee and the Community Policy and Management Team.
In June of 2018, Chair Randall was selected as one of only twenty-five women in the country to be included in the 2019 class of Governing Magazine’s Women in Government Leadership Program. In addition, in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, the citizens of Loudoun County voted Chair Randall Favorite Public Official, an honor which she is most humbled by and proud of.
From 2009-2011, Chair Randall served as Chair of Virginia’s Fair Housing Board under former Governors Tim Kaine and Bob McDonnell. From 2014 to June of 2018, she served as Chair of Virginia’s State Board of Corrections under Governor Terry McAuliffe.
By profession, Chair Randall is a mental health therapist, with substance dependence as her emphasis area. She has worked with justice-involved populations, both in and out of incarcerated settings, a career she has enjoyed for over 20 years.
She and her husband Thaddeus (T.W.) have lived in Loudoun since 1993, and are the proud parents of two adult sons, Ashon and Aaron.