Historic Records & Deed Research
Social Distancing Protocols
- Copies of deeds and land records can be obtained by contacting the Historic Records & Deed Research Division by email or phone at 703-737-8775. Please note that the Historic Records office cannot conduct research, clients must have specific information regarding the documents being requested.
- Historic Records and Deed Research Division is now open by appointment only. You may schedule an appointment for historic and genealogy research Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.. Appointments are limited to four researchers a day in the Historic Records research room. Individuals researching current land records will need to make an appointment to use the land computers located in the clerk's office lobby. To ensure everyone's health, we have protocols that must be followed at all times when using historic records. Please review our guidelines (PDF) before making an appointment. These protocols will place some limitations on records that can be viewed and the research assistance staff can provide. To make an appointment, contact us by phone at 703-737-8775 or email.
The Historic Records and Deed Research Division maintains county court records dating from the formation of Loudoun County in 1757.
- Loudoun contains one of the most complete collections of court records in Virginia, and is one of only a few of Virginia’s ninety-eight counties whose records have not been destroyed by fire, war, or environmental factors.
- We encourage you to research our online indexes, helpful links, and research tips prior to your visit.
- Please note no food or drink is allowed in the Historic Records.
- The Clerk of the Circuit Court is launching the implementation of additional remote services for the patrons of our Historic Records
Upcoming Events Opens a New Window. Mac Opens a New WindowOpens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
Court Devices Policy
Electronic and digital devices, cellphones, cameras, laptops, tablets, and scanners are prohibited inside the Court House Complex.
*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. If you need assistance or advice, please see our Legal Aid and Links page.