On September 12, 1952, 12 men throughout the county started the first rescue squad in Loudoun County, the Loudoun County Volunteer Rescue Squad. Until funds could be raised to purchase their own vehicle, Albert Laycock donated his Ford Ranch Wagon for their first response unit. The first official squad vehicle purchased was a 1951 Chevrolet truck with a utility bed made to carry patients. Over the years, units were housed in Purcellville, Hamilton, and Leesburg until other squads could be formed. The Rescue Squads current station on Catoctin Circle was constructed in 1975.
Loudoun County Rescue (Leesburg), Company 13 143 Catoctin Circle Southeast P.O. Box 1178 Leesburg, VA 20177