Foreclosure Assistance

Virginia Mortgage Relief

Visit the Virginia Mortgage Relief webpage for details and to apply. 

Helpful Resources

If you are unable to pay your mortgage or are in danger of foreclosing on your home, call the loss mitigation department at your mortgage company. They may be able to help you with loan modification or a repayment and forbearance plan. Consider these resources.  

If you need additional assistance, call the Loudoun County Information and Referral Program at 703-777-0420.

Foreclosure Rescue Scams

If you or someone you know has been contacted by a "rescuer" or has been a victim, contact a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency, the Consumer Protection Section of the Virginia Office of the Attorney General, or local law enforcement - the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office or the appropriate Town police department.

View HUD’s Fraud Prevention Tips for Homeowners (PDF).