- Departments & Offices
- Housing & Community Development
- Information for Developers, Nonprofits & Towns
- Community Development Block Grant
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
News and Announcements - Regional Fair Housing Plan
Loudoun County is one of eight participating jurisdictions in the Washington, DC, region that is working collaboratively to develop a regional fair housing plan, also known as the Regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. The plan will be considered by the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors at its June 16, 2023, Public Hearing.
- Read the Loudoun County Draft Fair Housing Plan - May 2023 (PDF)
- Read the Metropolitan Washington Regional Fair Housing Plan Executive Summary - May 2023 (PDF)
- Visit the Loudoun County Fair Housing webpage for more information
What is the Community Development Block Grant Program?
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program provides funding on an annual basis for local projects that address a variety of housing, public service, and community development needs.
- Eligible applicants for CDBG funds include local nonprofit organizations and local government entities in Loudoun County or those mainly serving Loudoun County residents.
- Organizations within the community can compete for these funds through an annual application process.
- Proposed projects should address the goals of the CDBG program, which include providing affordable housing opportunities, revitalizing neighborhoods, renovating substandard housing, providing public services and expanding economic development opportunities, primarily for persons of low and moderate income.
- The funds must be used based on guidelines outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Community Development Block Grant 2021-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) 2021-2025 Five-Year Consolidated Plan (PDF) in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (24 CFR Part 91) is a plan that details multiyear goals based on an assessment of housing and community development needs, an analysis of housing and economic market conditions, and available resources. The Consolidated Plan provides the public and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) the opportunity to review how the CDBG program is assisting the Loudoun County community.
Annual Action Plan
On May 10, 2023, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Fiscal Year 2024 Annual Action Plan. The plan is now awaiting final approval from HUD.
- Community Development Block Grant 2020 to 2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Citizen Participation Plan Approved 2022 - English (PDF)
- Citizen Participation Plan Approved 2022 - Spanish (PDF)
- 2021-2022 Draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF)
- Loudoun County Five-Year Fair Housing Plan (2014-2018) (PDF)