Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
What is the Community Development Block Grant Program?
- The CDBG program provides funding on an annual basis for local projects that address a variety of housing, public service, and community development needs.
- Eligible applicants for CDBG funds include local nonprofit organizations and local government entities in Loudoun County or those mainly serving Loudoun County residents.
- Organizations within the community can compete for these funds through an annual application process.
- Proposed projects should address the goals of the CDBG program, which include providing affordable housing opportunities, revitalizing neighborhoods, renovating substandard housing, providing public services and expanding economic development opportunities, primarily for persons of low and moderate income.
- The funds must be used based on guidelines outlined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Application Release Date: September 30, 2019
The CDBG Program Year 17 (2020-2021) competitive application is now available.
You may also contact CDBG Program Assistant Sandra Berrios at 703-777-5731, or email Sandra Berrios Opens a New Window. for a copy of the application packet. Applications are due no later than Friday, November 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Workshop on How to Apply for CDBG Funds October 9, 2019
Organizations interested in learning about how to apply for the CDBG funds are encouraged to attend an informative workshop from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Wednesday, October 9, 2019, in the Lansdowne Room on the second floor of Loudoun County's Department of Family Services, Shenandoah Office Building, 102 Heritage Way NE, Leesburg, VA 20177. Persons interested in attending are asked to RSVP to CDBG Program Assistant Sandra Berrios at 703-777-5731, or email Sandra Berrios.
CDBG Program Public Hearing on Housing and Community Development Needs is October 23, 2019
The Family Services Advisory Board will conduct a public hearing at 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 23, 2019, for the purpose of addressing housing and community development needs, including priority non-housing community development needs, development of proposed activities and review of program performance. The public hearing will be held in the Shenandoah Room on the second floor of the Shenandoah Office Building, 102 Heritage Way, NE, Leesburg.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any of these activities, please contact the Department of Family Services at 703-777-0353(V/TTY); at least three business days advance notice is requested in order for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.
- FY2021 CDBG Application (PDF)
- Opens a New Window. Community Development Block Grant 2019 to 2020 Annual Action Plan Draft (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Community Development Block Grant 2018 to 2019 Annual Action Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Community Development Block Grant 2017 to 2018 Annual Action Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 2014 to 2018 Consolidated Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Five-Year Fair Housing Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Citizen Participation Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- 2018-2019 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF) Opens a New Window.