There are fees associated with most services provided by the Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services. No one is denied access to these services based upon an inability to pay. We will bill your insurance company when this information is provided to us. You may be responsible for co-payments and/or unmet deductibles. You may also be eligible for a reduction of fees in accordance with a sliding fee schedule.
Do you need healthcare insurance coverage? You may be eligible for affordable insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace. There may also be a coverage option through one of Virginia's Medicaid programs that works for you. Additional information can be found at www.coverva.org.
What to Bring to your First Appointment
The following information is requested at your first visit:
- Driver's License or other photo identification
- Health Insurance cards, to include Medicaid and/or Medicare cards
- Name, address and telephone number of your Primary Care Physician
Also, if you have income, please bring your:
- Social Security Annual Earning Statements
- Most recent income tax return (preferred)
- Recent pay stubs for the past month for you and your spouse
If you have no income, you will be asked to provide a written attestation.
Please contact us at 571-258-3124 with any questions regarding service fees and insurance claims.