Claude Moore Park
About the Park
Claude Moore Park provides a unique green space amid the neighborhoods and commercial areas in eastern Loudoun. Visitors to the park discover wooded lanes, green meadows, and sparkling ponds while catching a glimpse of wildlife that make their homes in the park's habitats. Natural areas provide peaceful surroundings for hikes, picnics, bird watching and photography.
- Vestal's Gap Visitor Center: contains restrooms, park maps and information, water fountain, and the Discovery Room with hands-on activities and live-animal displays
- Vestal's Gap Road and the Lanesville Historic District take you back in time as you walk the Native American trail and visit the:
- Mid-1700s Frogshackle Nature Center
- 1779 Lanesville Ordinary and Post Office
- 1880s Bridges' Schoolhouse
- 11 miles of hiking trails
- 2 fishing ponds
- 2 picnic pavilions available for rent
- Historic Area listed on the National Register for Historic Places
- Sportsplex: baseball, softball and rectangular fields (available for scheduled use)
Programs & Events
Guests of all ages and group sizes can enjoy a wide variety of park programs and special events on history, nature and more.
- View current programs in the Activity Guide.
- Summer camps ,birthday parties and scout programs are also available.
Dogs In Parks
Dogs are generally allowed in parks while on a physical leash and under the control of the owner (Chapter 612.13 of Loudoun County Code of Ordinances), however, per county chapter 1092.21, there are certain areas within parks that dogs are prohibited. Please see the ordinance language Opens a New Window. for both 612.13 and 1092.21 for more details.