County Government Retirees
Welcome to the Loudoun County Retiree Information Center, where you can obtain information about your benefits, wellness and related issues.
Health Plan Changes
How will the new OAP High plan compare to the current POS plan?
Check if your provider is in an OAP network
Major Change for 2023 Benefits Open Enrollment Process
What Steps to Take Now to Prepare for Open Enrollment
Plan Year 2023 Resources
Annual Creditable Coverage Notice
For Pre-65 Retirees, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks
- Register directly online:
- MDLIVE: MDLIVEforCigna.com - Phone: 888-726-3171
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Locate the “Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7” callout and click “Connect Now.”
Information needed to register
- The retiree or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be excluded from the deductible during the Emergency Period as stated by the CARES Act until December 31, 2021.
Post 65 Retirees
Medicare pays for "virtual check-ins" for patients to connect with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office. Medicare also pays for patients to communicate with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office using online patient portals. The Medicare coinsurance and deductible would apply to these services. Cigna Medicare Surround plans will cover the remaining balance subject to the plan deductible, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
PBI Information Security Incident
VRS retirees, beneficiaries and survivors are receiving letters from PBI Research Services (PBI), describing a data security incident that has affected millions of people and hundreds of organizations including VRS. This PBI incident impacts certain VRS retirees, beneficiaries and survivors who will be notified directly by mail. The VRS data that may have been accessed as a result of PBI’s information security incident includes the names, partial addresses (city, state, ZIP code), dates of birth, and Social Security numbers of certain VRS participants.
PBI Research Services (PBI) notified VRS about an information security incident that occurred at PBI. The incident involved PBI’s use of MOVEit Transfer software, a product used by thousands of organizations worldwide to transfer and exchange data. A vulnerability in the MOVEit software allowed an unauthorized third party to access or acquire data from PBI servers containing information from numerous organizations that were customers, including VRS. VRS contracts with PBI to assist VRS in accurately making benefit payments. Specifically, VRS uses PBI’s services to identify deceased VRS members, so that VRS does not make overpayments or other errors in payment. PBI advised VRS that certain data files that VRS had shared with PBI for these purposes may have been subject to unauthorized access during PBI’s information security incident.
Please read the notices as they are legitimate and provide specific instructions for obtaining free credit monitoring and additional services through Kroll, a global leader in risk mitigation and response. Should you have any additional questions, please contact Kroll at the contact information in your letter.