County Government Retirees
Welcome to the Loudoun County Retiree Information Center, where you can obtain information about your benefits, wellness and related issues.
Plan Year 2022 Resources
- Latest Retiree Update Newsletter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Please note in the mailed version of this newsletter the table of contents for pages 10-11 reflected the incorrect year and should state 2022 Retiree Group Health Plan Rates. The rates listed on those pages are accurate.
- Retiree Health Plan Eligibility (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Enrollment Change Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency Contact & Address Update Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- ACH Form - Premium Payment Authorization (PDF)
Opens a Annual Creditable Coverage Notice
The annual Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (PDF) is being provided as part of the annual notice to retirees and their dependents who are eligible for Medicare. This notice is important because Medicare beneficiaries who are not covered by creditable prescription drug coverage and do not enroll in Medicare Part D when first eligible will likely pay higher premiums if they enroll at a later date. Please note this notice is for information purposes only. Retirees and their eligible dependents who are Medicare eligible and enrolled on the county’s health plan are not impacted by the late enrollment penalty enforced by Social Security Administration for Center for Medicare Services for Medicare Part D coverage.
Pre-65 Retiree Notice: At-home COVID19 Tests Available at No Cost
As a result of a recent federal mandate, effective January 15, 2022, at home COVID-19 tests must be made available to you at no-cost. See details below on how you can receive at-home Covid-19 tests at no charge.
Federal Government Program: Regardless of Health Plan Enrollment
The federal government has announced that you can receive free at-home COVID-19 tests through their federal program. The initial program will allow four free tests to be requested per residential address. You can order tests online at COVIDTests.gov. Tests will typically ship within 7-12 days of ordering.
Pharmacy Benefit Coverage through Express Scripts
Each covered member on the Pre-65 Loudoun County Government prescription plan through Express Scripts can receive up to eight rapid at-home COVID-19 tests per insured covered member on a rolling 30-day basis. For example, a retiree with a family of four that includes a spouse and two children will be able to secure a maximum of 32 tests every 30 days, as needed.
How to Get Your Test at No-charge Through Your Prescription Plan
- OPTION 1: Visit a retail network pharmacy. To find a pharmacy, visit express-scripts.com and click “Find a Pharmacy.” You can also use their mobile app and follow these steps for a no-cost test:
- Call your local Express Scripts in-network retail pharmacy to see if they have at-home COVID-19 tests available.
- Take your Express Scripts ID card to your in-network retail pharmacy.
- Bring the COVID-19 test to the pharmacy counter, not the regular checkout lane.
- Check out at the pharmacy counter and show your ID card. Your at-home COVID-19 test should automatically ring up at no cost to you.
- OPTION 2: Request the COVID-19 test via mail order. Starting Friday, January 28, eligible insured covered members will be able to order up to 8 at-home COVID-19 tests per month from Express Scripts Pharmacy. If you don't yet have an online account, register today so you can easily order your tests for home delivery when they are available. Please note that in the short term, there will be limited supplies and tests may take up to 4 weeks to arrive.
- OPTION 3: Request reimbursement for tests purchased at out-of-network retailers. If you weren’t able to purchase your at-home COVID-19 test(s) at the pharmacy counter, or happened to be charged, you can submit your receipt for reimbursement of up to $12 per test online at Express Scripts’ COVID-19 resource center. Log in for instructions on how to submit a reimbursement claim. Employees can request reimbursement for tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
Pre-65 retirees and eligible dependents also covered under the County’s Cigna medical plan can receive no cost at-home COVID-19 testing through Cigna’s partnership with Pixel by LabCorp. Covered Cigna plan members can order an FDA-approved, PCR at-home specimen collection test kit. To request a kit, go online to LabCorp, complete an online screening and provide your Cigna health plan information. LabCorp will mail a kit to you, and you will collect the specimen and then return the specimen using the prepaid mailer. LabCorp will report the results to you in 5-7 days (depending on volume).
Please remember that COVID-19 tests should be ordered as needed for personal use and not for the purpose of stockpiling.
For additional questions about seeking at-home COVID-19 tests, please contact the Benefits Help Line at 703-777-0517 or email.
Cigna's Virtual Medical Care Services
For Pre-65 Retirees, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks
- Register directly online:
- MDLIVE: MDLIVEforCigna.com - Phone: 888-726-3171
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Locate the “Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7” callout and click “Connect Now.”
Information needed to register
- The retiree or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be excluded from the deductible during the Emergency Period as stated by the CARES Act until December 31, 2021.
Post 65 Retirees
Medicare pays for "virtual check-ins" for patients to connect with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office. Medicare also pays for patients to communicate with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office using online patient portals. The Medicare coinsurance and deductible would apply to these services. Cigna Medicare Surround plans will cover the remaining balance subject to the plan deductible, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
Wellness Opens a New Window
An Ounce of Prevention
- All of the Retiree Health Plans feature in-network preventive care benefits at no cost to you.
- Get your Annual Preventive Exams (PDF) Opens a New Window. as recommended to identify risks before they become chronic. Early detection helps to mitigate more serious medical conditions later.
Care When You Need It
- Telehealth Services (PDF) Opens a New Window. through Cigna provide access to board-certified doctors and pediatricians 24/7 for non-urgent health care - just a phone call or video chat away!
- Get the appropriate level of care (PDF) Opens a New Window. when you need it!
Please contact the Loudoun County Benefits Office through email Opens a New Window. or by calling the Benefits Help Line: 703-777-0517.
Cigna Care Advocate
Meet virtually with your Cigna Care Advocate, Shelby McCormack to learn about medical coverage, wellness resources and help with resolving claims issues. Make an appointment or contact Shelby by email.
Receive updated news and information about benefits for Loudoun County Government retirees.