County Government Retirees
Welcome to the Loudoun County Retiree Information Center, where you can obtain information about your benefits, wellness and related issues.
New for 2023
Your Cigna Rx Medicare (PDP) drug list is moving online. View the list of the drugs covered by your Part D plan (also known as your formulary). No registration is required.
- Drugs on this list are organized into different cost groups, or tiers. The cost of your medication depends on which tier your drug is in.
- Some drugs may require prior authorization, have quantity limits or have a step therapy requirement.
- Medicare covers some drugs and supplies under Part A or Part B instead of your Part D plan. This includes items such as diabetic testing supplies, home infusion drugs and allergy injections.
In addition to viewing your Cigna Medicare Rx (PDP) drug list you can also:
- Find pharmacies near you by searching by ZIP code.
- Access customer forms such as reimbursement claim forms, personal medication lists and more.
Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
In August 2022, new legislation known as the Inflation Reduction Act was passed, in part, to lower the cost of insulin products and vaccines for those with Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. View the details here.
Plan Year 2023 Resources
- Latest Retiree Update Newsletter (PDF)
- Benefits Resources (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Retiree Health Plan Eligibility (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Enrollment Change Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency Contact & Address Update Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- ACH Form - Premium Payment Authorization (PDF)
Opens a Annual Creditable Coverage Notice
The annual Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (PDF) is being provided as part of the annual notice to retirees and their dependents who are eligible for Medicare. This notice is important because Medicare beneficiaries who are not covered by creditable prescription drug coverage and do not enroll in Medicare Part D when first eligible will likely pay higher premiums if they enroll at a later date. Please note this notice is for information purposes only. Retirees and their eligible dependents who are Medicare eligible and enrolled on the county’s health plan are not impacted by the late enrollment penalty enforced by Social Security Administration for Center for Medicare Services for Medicare Part D coverage.
Pharmacy Benefit Coverage through Express Scripts
Each covered member on the Pre-65 Loudoun County Government prescription plan through Express Scripts can receive up to eight rapid at-home COVID-19 tests per insured covered member on a rolling 30-day basis. For example, a retiree with a family of four that includes a spouse and two children will be able to secure a maximum of 32 tests every 30 days, as needed.
How to Get Your Test at No-charge Through Your Prescription Plan
- OPTION 1: Visit a retail network pharmacy. To find a pharmacy, visit express-scripts.com and click “Find a Pharmacy.” You can also use their mobile app and follow these steps for a no-cost test:
- Call your local Express Scripts in-network retail pharmacy to see if they have at-home COVID-19 tests available.
- Take your Express Scripts ID card to your in-network retail pharmacy.
- Bring the COVID-19 test to the pharmacy counter, not the regular checkout lane.
- Check out at the pharmacy counter and show your ID card. Your at-home COVID-19 test should automatically ring up at no cost to you.
- OPTION 2: Request the COVID-19 test via mail order. Eligible insured covered members are able to order up to 8 at-home COVID-19 tests per month from Express Scripts Pharmacy. If you don't yet have an online account, register today so you can easily order your tests for home delivery when they are available. Please note that in the short term, there will be limited supplies and tests may take up to 4 weeks to arrive.
- OPTION 3: Request reimbursement for tests purchased at out-of-network retailers. If you weren’t able to purchase your at-home COVID-19 test(s) at the pharmacy counter, or happened to be charged, you can submit your receipt for reimbursement of up to $12 per test online at Express Scripts’ COVID-19 resource center. Log in for instructions on how to submit a reimbursement claim. Employees can request reimbursement for tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
Pre-65 retirees and eligible dependents also covered under the County’s Cigna medical plan can receive no cost at-home COVID-19 testing through Cigna’s partnership with Pixel by LabCorp. Covered Cigna plan members can order an FDA-approved, PCR at-home specimen collection test kit. To request a kit, go online to LabCorp, complete an online screening and provide your Cigna health plan information. LabCorp will mail a kit to you, and you will collect the specimen and then return the specimen using the prepaid mailer. LabCorp will report the results to you in 5-7 days (depending on volume).
Please remember that COVID-19 tests should be ordered as needed for personal use and not for the purpose of stockpiling.
For additional questions about seeking at-home COVID-19 tests, please contact the Benefits Help Line at 703-777-0517 or email.
For Pre-65 Retirees, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks
- Register directly online:
- MDLIVE: MDLIVEforCigna.com - Phone: 888-726-3171
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Locate the “Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7” callout and click “Connect Now.”
Information needed to register
- The retiree or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be excluded from the deductible during the Emergency Period as stated by the CARES Act until December 31, 2021.
Post 65 Retirees
Medicare pays for "virtual check-ins" for patients to connect with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office. Medicare also pays for patients to communicate with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office using online patient portals. The Medicare coinsurance and deductible would apply to these services. Cigna Medicare Surround plans will cover the remaining balance subject to the plan deductible, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.