Counseling topics include:
- Medicare Enrollment and Coverage
- Medicare Part D Prescription Insurance
- Medigap Insurance (Supplemental Insurance)
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Financial Assistance Programs
VICAP counselors are not licensed to sell insurance. VICAP counselors can help all Medicare beneficiaries, including those with disabilities and younger than 65, explore options that best fit their needs. Working collaboratively with the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP), VICAP counselors will help educate and empower beneficiaries to take an active role in detecting and preventing health care fraud and abuse.
VICAP counselors can help all Medicare beneficiaries compare and understand their prescription insurance options when first enrolling in Medicare, when moving or retiring from work, and during the Annual Enrollment Period every year between October 15 and December 7. For assistance please submit a completed Part D worksheet.
Obtaining Medicare Part D
The Medicare Part D Worksheet (PDF) is online here. or get it at:
- Any Loudoun County Senior Center.
- By calling the Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging Medicare Part D helpline at 703-737-8036.