Adult Day Centers
Three Loudoun County Adult Day Centers help aging adults remain in the community as long as possible and provide support and respite to their caregivers:
- Eastern Loudoun Adult Day Center (Ashburn)
- Leesburg Adult Day Center
- Mac Brownell Adult Day Center (Purcellville)
People We Serve
- Loudoun County residents age 60 or older with memory loss or health problems who would benefit from socialization and/or help with personal care needs.
- Many of our clients have Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia.
- We accept only persons whose needs we can meet and who do not require professional nursing services.
Services We Provide
- Physical activities and exercise (adjusted to individual capabilities)
- Mentally stimulating activities
- Assistance with personal care needs
- Medication administration
- Health monitoring
- Nutritious hot lunches and snacks
- Transportation (to some areas)
- Referral to community resources
Benefits for Caregivers
- Peace of mind, knowing your loved one is spending the day in a safe, secure environment engaged in worthwhile activities
- Freedom to focus on your needs for rest and relaxation
- Time for important personal endeavors that are often neglected
Benefits for Participants
- Physical and mental activity and stimulation in a safe and engaging environment
- Professionally designed programs and activities that meet the specific needs of each participant.
- Adult Day Center Video
How to Register
- Call the Adult Day Center in Ashburn, Purcellville, or Leesburg to make an appointment for an assessment interview.
- Each participant will need a physical examination from his/her physician and a TB screening.
- Provide a list of all medications.
- Choose from the following schedule options:
- Monday through Friday
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Tuesday and Thursday
Fees are reasonable and based on a sliding scale according to the financial circumstances of the participant. Fees are due monthly.